M.Ed from Gurugram University | M.Ed Admission 2023-2024
Gurugram University, Haryana- Master of Education (M.Ed.) Regular*, Eligibility, Duration, Fee Structure, Syllabus & Registration
Gurugram M.Ed Admission 2023
Master of Education is a post-graduate-level course. It is a career-oriented course specifically designed for aspirants wishing to pursue their careers in the field of education. The course is elaborative and in-depth. It is curated by experts in the field. Many universities and colleges in Gurugram offer M.ed programs. However, it is imperative to do comprehensive research and enrol with a reputed college or university for better prospects.
The candidates must complete their bachelor’s degree in education in order to pursue a master’s. The duration of M.Ed is two years comprising 4 semesters.
The objective of M.ED: The postgraduate program is tailor-made for candidates interested in the field of education. The course covers significant concepts and teaching methodologies. M.Bd aims to train students and refine their skills. The course combines theoretical aspects of teaching, learning and practical aspects to polish students and make them proficient professionals.
The Eligibility Criteria for M.Ed
- The students must have completed their bachelor’s in education to pursue M.Ed.
- The students with B.EI.ED and BA in education can also apply for Bachelor in Education
- The students must have obtained at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s to qualify for a Master’s in Education.
Note: Some colleges/Universities do conduct entrance level tests for M.ED education. The students need to appear and pass the entrance exam for admission to M.ED.
Admission Process for M.Ed
The admission process for M.ED varies from university to university. Some common process for M.ED admission includes direct admission and entrance test-based admission.
- Direct Admission: In this admission process, the aspirant needs to fill out the admission form by visiting the official website of the college/university or by visiting the premise in person. After obtaining the admission form, one must fill in all the details correctly and submit the relevant documents along with the admission fees. The college will display a merit list of students based on their scores in bachelors. These students will now complete the admission process post the document verification and payment of fees.
- Entrance Based Admission: In this admission process, the aspirant needs to fill out the admission form by visiting the official website of the college/university or by visiting the premise in person. After obtaining the admission form, one must fill in all the details correctly and submit the relevant documents along with the admission fees. The student will have to appear for the entrance exam to secure admission to M.Ed. After the exams, the college will display a merit list of students based on their performance in the entrance examination. Post this, the qualified students can complete the admission process by submitting documents for verification and fees payment.
Looking for information on M.Ed Admission 2023? Find out everything you need to know about M.Ed Admission, Eligibility, Fees and Registration here !
The below mentioned is the syllabus of M.Ed.
MEd Syllabus (Core/ Mandatory Subjects)
Semester – I
Historical and Political Perspectives of Education
Methodology of Educational Research & Educational Statistics
Human Rights and Education
Information and Communication Technology in Education
Semester – II
Philosophical Foundations of Education
Sociological Foundations of Education
Curriculum Studies in Education
Teacher Education in Indian and Global Perspectives
Semester – III
Advanced Methods in Educational Research
In-Service Teacher Education in India
MEd Syllabus (Specialised/ Elective Subjects)
Elementary Education in India: Administration and Management
Aspects, Planning & Management at Secondary & Senior Secondary level
Issues & Curricular Concerns at the Elementary level
Issues & Curricular Concerns at the Secondary & Senior Secondary level
Advanced Curriculum Theory
Policy, Planning and Financing of Education
Education Policy, Planning and Financing of Education at Secondary and Senior Secondary level
Issues, Planning and Policies of Elementary Education
Education Management and Planning at the Secondary level
Towards Academic Leadership at the Secondary School level
Information and Communication Technology in Education
Issues and Challenges in Secondary Education
Contemporary Concerns in Elementary Education
Educational, Vocational Guidance and Counselling
Supporting Education of Students from Disabilities and Disadvantaged Groups
Social Science Education
Guidance & Counselling
Job Prospects And Career Opportunities After M.Ed
A post-graduate degree in Education opens wide opportunities for the students. One can pursue various career options in the education field after the completion of M.Ed. A student can work in the public as well as the private sector. Education institutes scout for a competent candidates with an appropriate degree in education. M .ED degree prepares one for a bright career in education.
Some of the common job profiles that one can work after M.Ed includes:
- Career counsellor
- Home tutor
- Online tutor
- Instructional Technologist
- Curriculum Developer
- Educational Administrator
After M.Ed interested students can also pursue higher education/doctorate degree PhD in the niche of their choice.