Central Teacher Eligibility Test ( CTET )
Introduction to the CTET 2022
The Central Board of Secondary Education administers the CTET(CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test), a national eligibility exam (CBSE). The CTET exam is usually held twice a year to determine candidates’ eligibility for teaching positions in Central Government Schools such as KVS, NVS, and others.
The CTET 2022 exam will be administered online in a computer-based test (CBT) format by the CBSE. For Paper 1 and Paper 2, the exam will be held in several shifts. Candidates who want to teach Classes 1–5 (Primary Teachers) should take CTET Paper 1, while candidates who want to teach Classes 6–8 should take CTET Paper 2. (Elementary Teachers). Candidates who want to teach grades 1 through 8 must take both exams.
Eligibility criteria for CTET exam 2022
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old to be considered. There are no age restrictions.
- The CTET exam is open to graduates from any field or those with a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed).
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any subject (in progress or completed) or a one-year B. Ed degree are eligible to take the exam.
- Candidates who have completed a 10+2 education from any recognized institution with a minimum of 50% in aggregate or who are in their final year of BA/B.Sc Ed or who are enrolled in a one-year B. Ed in Special Education course can also apply for the CTET exam.
Eligibility for Paper 1 of the CTET: Educational Qualifications for Teachers in Classes 1-5
- Senior Secondary or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks and cleared or appearing in Diploma in Elementary Education final year exam (2 years duration).
- Senior Secondary or equivalent test with a minimum of 50% marks and cleared or appearing in the Diploma in Education final year exam (2 years duration)
- A bachelor’s degree plus a BEd is required.
CTET Eligibility for Paper 2: Educational Qualifications for Teachers in Classes 6-8
- Teachers must have a bachelor’s degree and have passed or will be taking the Diploma in Elementary Education final year examination (2 years duration).
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks and the ability to pass or appear in the BEd final year exam.
- A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or B.A/B.Sc.Ed final year exam with 50% marks OR B.A/B.Sc.Ed final year exam with 50% marks OR B.A/B.Sc.Ed final year exam with 50% marks OR B.A/B.Sc.Ed final year exam with 50% marks OR B.A/B.Sc.Ed final year exam with 50%
- Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks and clearance or enrollment in a one-year BEd program.
CTET Application & Registration Form 2022
The CTET application form 2022, as well as the notification, will be available on the official website. The following are the steps in the CTET application process:
- Form for registering
- Filling out an application
- Scanned images can be uploaded.
- Application fee payment
- Save the confirmation page to your computer.
- CTET registration is only accepted online through the exam’s official website.
Important Instructions for the CTET Application Form 2022
- Candidates must take both the Paper I and Paper II exams.
- If candidates want to teach students in grades I through V, they must take the CTET Paper I exam.
- Candidates who want to teach students in grades VI through VIII, on the other hand, must take the Paper-II exam.
- For all candidates, the CTET passing rate is set at 60%.
CTET 2022 exam Syllabus
The five sections of the paper I are as under
- Child development and pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Environmental Studies
The six sections of the paper II are as under
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Social Science