Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Laws
Maharshi Dayanand University is one of the leading universities offering law education undergraduate courses. The university offers BA LLB as well as LLM courses. The admission for BA LLB and LLM is offered to students purely based on their academic achievements and merit.
Moreover, the University also conducts university entrance tests to gauge the potential of the students. Students securing fair marks make it to the merit list issued by MDU for the LLB course. These students are eligible to take admission for LLB after completing some basic documentation and formalities.
MDU is a prestigious institute renowned for its great infrastructure, quality education and professional faculty. The institute aims at imparting quality education and sharpening the skills of its students. The law undergraduate course at MDU is drafted as per the standard guidelines.
The aspirants seeking admission in MDU for BA LLB and LLB should meet the below-mentioned criteria to qualify for the LLB entrance test and the undergraduate course.
BA-LLB (5-year course) 120 seats
- The candidate must have passed the SSC examination with a minimum of 45% marks
- The Sc/ST/ Blind/ Differently and Visually abled candidates can apply for the entrance with 42.75%
- The candidate must have completed SSC from Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani or any exam recognized by MDU Rohtak.
LLB (3-year course) 120 seats
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree with a minimum of 45% marks
- The Sc/ST/ Blind/ Differently and Visually abled candidates can apply with 42.75%
- The candidate must have pursued the degree by appearing for the exam recognized by MDU Rohtak or any equivalent examination
- To apply for LLB, the aspirant needs to visit the official website of the university.
- Register as a Student
- Log in using personal credentials like Email id and phone number
- Fill the application form for the qualifying examination
- Choose the course from the drop-down list of courses
- Upload photo, scanned copy of the documents, signature, thumb impression
- Pay the application fee
- And Submit
Students can also visit our office or call us for registration process. Our Experts are always there to help you.
List of documents
Here is the list of documents that a candidate needs to submit to secure admission to LLB
- SSC mark-sheet.
- SSC Certificate.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Character Certificate from the previous Institution.
- Latest Income Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate of Haryana (if applicable).
- Undertaking regarding gap year (if any).
3 years LLB course:
The 3 years LLB course at MDU is divided into six semesters for three years. Each semester has 6-7 subjects. Below mentioned is the syllabus of the 3 year LLB course
|Law of Contract||100|
|Law of Crimes-I||100|
|Law of Torts||100|
|Public International Law||100|
|Right to Information Law||100|
|Information Technology Law||100|
|Law of Crimes-II||100|
|Principle of Taxation||100|
|Labour and Industrial Law-I||100|
|Law of Evidence||100|
|Labour and Industrial Law-II||100|
|Equity and Trust||100|
|Penology and Victimology||100|
|Drafting, Pleading Conveyance||100|
|Law of Corporate Finance||100|
|Pvt. International Law||100|
|Foreign Trade Law||100|
|Land Law, Tendency and Panchayats||100|
|Intellectual Property Law||100|
|Interpretation of Statutes||100|
|Moots and Internships||100|
|Financial Market Regulations||100|
|Animal Protection Law||100|
The BA LLB course at MDU is a five-year course. The course is divided into ten semesters for three years. Each semester has 6-8 subjects. Below mentioned is the syllabus of the first six semester BA LLB course
|Law of Torts||100|
|Law of Contracts-I||100|
|Law of Crime-I||100|
|Company Law Public||100|
|Right to Information||100|
|Law of Crime-II||100|
The internal assessment mark per subject is 20. Furthermore, apart from the set curriculum the university also organizes regular seminars, workshops and visits to give immense exposure to students and demonstrate the practicality of the field.
Law Scope or Future Advantages
LLB is one of the most popular undergraduate courses. It allows you to build a successful career in the law sector. The scope of LLB is humungous. Here are some of the bright career opportunities that one can look forward to after securing the LLB degree:
- Legal Advisor: After completing LLB the professional can work in a law firm as a legal advisor. You can work as a legal advisor or representative in a joint law firm, a private company, a public company, corporate firms, banks etc. You can give your advice and opinions on legal matters and formulate the best legal strategy to realize the objectives of your client.
- Judiciary: The students can also work for the judicial system of the country. However, to secure the position one needs to qualify and pass the judiciary examination which is conducted by the Public Service Commission.
- Teaching: Education is one of the most promising fields that offers umpteen opportunities to LLB professionals. You can work as a part-time or a full-time faculty at a university and can teach the subject of your choice.
- Consulting: Post your LLB you can start your venture as a legal consultant to leverage legal outsourcing opportunities. Many multinational companies and corporations scout legal consultants to advise and represent them on crucial matters. If you have the right expertise and knowledge you can establish your legal consultancy firm.
What's Next ?
After LLB or BA-LLB, a candidate can apply for Higher Education in the domain by pursuing LLM (Masters Programme in LAW)