Cardiac Care technician
Cardiac Care Technician
Cardiac Care Technology has witnessed exceptional growth and upgrades. The extreme digitalization and advancements in technology have led to the tremendous development of this sector. Cardiac Care Technology has emerged as a distinct specialization under medical health care. There is an immense demand for qualified professionals and skilled experts. The cardiac care technicians work under cardiac care physicians. They assist them in cardiac testing.
Cardiac Care technology is a specialized course that is designed to teach candidates the technicalities and intricacies of cardiac testing. The elaborative course includes all the vital parameters of cardiopulmonary disease.
An aspirant with a keen interest in cardiac care and cardiac technology can go for professional courses for cardiac care. There are numerous courses available in Cardiac Technology. One can choose the desired one based on their preference, academic qualification, career goal and areas of interest.
Here are some popular types of courses in Cardiac Technology:
- Certificate Programs:
Certificate programs are generally self-training programs that are offered by recognised certification institutes. During this program, the students get acquainted with the fundamentals of cardiac care and the key responsibilities of a cardiac care technician. Some of the topics that are an integral part of certificate programs include clinical research, medicine, anatomy, medical terminology, electrocardiograph, emergency medicine, medical imaging, physiology and much more.
- Diploma and Postgraduate Cardiac Technology Courses:
The candidate with a keen interest in cardiac technology can opt for a diploma in Cardiac Technology Technician, Postgraduate diploma in community Cardiac Technology, Postgraduate diploma in cardiac pulmonary perfusion Technology, Postgraduate diploma in cardiorespiratory care Management, Postgraduate diploma in clinical Cardiac Technology (PGDCC), etc. The course curriculum, eligibility criteria and admission process of these courses may vary from institute to institute.
- Bachelor Cardiac Technology Course: Bachelor of Cardiac Technology is a full-time course. This course can be done after the completion of the 12th The duration of this course is generally 3 to 5 years.
- Master Cardiac Technology Course: Candidates aspiring to study further and specialize in cardiac technology can go for Masters in Cardiac Technology Courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Cardiac Care Technician Courses
The eligibility criteria for the Cardiac care technician course depends upon several factors such as the course type, institute, duration of the course and much more.
Below mentioned are some general Eligibility Criteria for Cardiac Care Technician Courses:
- For Certificate Course: The candidate must have passed 10th or 12th from the recognized board/university.
- For Diploma Course: The candidate must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- For PG Diploma Course: The candidate must have done graduation from a recognized university with Cardiac Technology as the main subject.
- For Under Graduate Course: The candidate must be 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Post Graduate Course: The candidate must be an undergraduate from a recognized university with Cardiac Technology as their main subject.
The admission process for Cardiac Technology Courses
The admission process for Cardiac Technology courses varies depending upon the institute and course type. The admission process is done on the basis of merit as well as entrance examinations. For Certificate, PG Diploma, Diploma the admission is granted to students on the basis of their merit obtained in the 10+2 examination. Whereas, the admission Bachelor Cardiac technology courses are done on the basis of the merit obtained in the entrance exam.
It is imperative for candidates to visit the official website of the university/college to study the admission process in detail before applying for Cardiac Technology Courses.
Skills Required to be Cardiac Care Technician
- The candidate must have proficiency in technologies. Their understanding and knowledge of various technologies, machines, equipment should be in-depth.
- One must have good physical stamina along with superlative personal and communication skills.
- The written and verbal communication should be at par
- The candidate must be analytical and should be able to gauge minute details.
Job prospect after completing Cardiac Technology course
Cardiac Care Technology Courses are job-oriented programs. The elaborative courses deepen the knowledge and understanding of the candidates. It trains them to work under the supervision of qualified cardiologists and optimally monitor/operate relevant equipment/medical devices.
Cardiac care Technicians
Cardiac care technicians are professional medical technicians who conduct tests to determine the health of patients suffering from cardiovascular issues. The primary duty of a Cardiac care technician is to monitor a patient’s blood pressure, perform diagnostics tests, collect medical data and forward them for interpretation and examination. A Cardiac care technician performs a test on the cardiovascular area of the patient. They work closely with doctors and nurses. A Cardiac care technician is also responsible for setting and handling equipment.
After the completion of the Cardiac Technology course one can work professionally as Clinical Nurse Specialist in Cardiac Technology, Electrophysiologist Cardiologist, Cardiovascular Technologist, Medical Sonographer, Dialysis Technician, Nephrologist Technician, etc
Some popular areas for cardiac technologists in both the public and private sector include Academic Institutes, Healthcare offices, NGOs, Nursing care Homes, Rehabilitation Centres, Govt./Pvt. Hospitals & Clinics and more.